Lead Software Engineer- Data
👉 This is 4 day week job
Principal Software Engineer <> Data
Lunio aims to make skewed data & data inefficiencies a thing of the past. We work with some of the biggest brands around to revolutionise performance marketing efficiency as we strive to solve the $3tn/year bad data problem.
We completed our $15m Series A funding round (Sep'22) and are now recognised as one of the UK's fastest-growing tech companies!
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Software Engineer to lead our real-time big data transition initiatives. If you are passionate about leveraging Python and cutting-edge technologies to manage and analyse large datasets in real time, we want to hear from you.
You will be joining a dynamic team that is thriving in a fast-paced B2B SaaS Scale Up environment and will be challenged and rewarded for your contributions.
As our Lead Software Engineer specialising in big data transitions, you will be at the forefront of our data driven initiatives. You will maintain and develop the optimisations of systems that handle massive datasets ensuring seamless real-time processing and analysis. This role requires an in-depth understanding of Python, big data technologies and a passion for solving complex data challenges.
Reporting directly to our Lead Back-End Engineer, you'll be responsible for...
- Developing enterprise-scale Big Data solutions on AWS to provide business-critical data to our growing client base.
- Working directly with our existing engineering team to implement effective workflows, processes, and planning strategies.
- Contributing to internal product roadmaps and collaborating with the product team in relation to these.
- Building exciting new platform features to be used by our ever-growing user base.
- Working with significant data sets to optimize for speed and performance.
- Leading the function of Data you will be mentoring of our Junior developers (not official line-management, more helping with code reviews, guidance on best practices, being an educational resource)
What you should have...
- 7 years + commercial experience writing well-designed, high-quality, enterprise-scale production code using Python (and C++,Terraform etc) within a fast paced environment.
- Proven expertise in designing and developing data pipelines
- A good understanding of Network Services
- A super power in big data technologies and real-time data processing.
- Experience in making decisions based on data; data modelling and experience in distributed systems.
- Experience with large scale analytical workloads.
- Great attitude and technical curiosity - a love to analyse complex technical challenges to anticipate risks, technical gaps and potential issues.
- Commercial experience with the AWS stack and ideally be AWS certified.
So what do we offer?
- Salary Package - £130,000-£140,000 💵
- Remote-First Working & Flexible Hours: Adjust your schedule to fit around your out-of-work commitments - as long as you're here for our core hours! 🏪
- Extended Parental Leave: Extended paid time off to spend quality time with family 👶
- £1,500 home office budget: Stop using stacked cardboard boxes or the kitchen table as a desk. We’ll pay to furnish your office space for you. 🛠
- 28 days holiday (plus public holidays): You’ll work hard at Lunio, but you’ll be rewarded with plenty of time to recharge. 🏝
- £1,000/year for personal development: Training courses, professional certifications, new language skills… If anything will progress your development, we’ll pay for it. 👩🏫
- £500/year wellbeing allowance: Private Healthcare, Spa Days, Gym Subscriptions, Physiotherapy, Mental Health Support - anything to help you relax & unwind, we’ll cover it up to £500/year. 💜
- Climate Positive Workforce: Through our own Reforestation program and partnership with Ecologi, we ensure that we offset the CO2 emissions of every employee who works for Lunio, every month 🌱
1st Stage- 30 min Intro Video Call with our Talent Team to introduce yourself beyond your CV.
2nd Stage- 45-60 minutes Video Call with the Engineering Team including the Lead Back End Engineer to deep dive into the tech.
3rd Stage- Meet our CTO & our VP of Product to discuss the Product Roadmap.
4th Stage- Chat with our Founder & CEO an opportunity for you to learn all about how our journey began and the direction we're heading in.
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please. Any speculative CVs will be treated as gifts!
We’re very proud to be a team of people from very different backgrounds and walks of life and are determined to keep Lunio as an inclusive and supportive environment to work in. We welcome a diversity of thought and experience and we do not discriminate.